Saturday, February 4, 2012

Citing my source:

Here's the blog that I got my new warm up idea from. Approximately Normal 

The best part of the daily quiz is the immediate feedback to my students. It seems they didn't quite understand that homework had anything to do with learning. Now they get a daily (twice a week-we're on block scheduling) record of how they're doing. Students in sports are required to get a signed grade sheet from all their teachers each week, and I was amazed that they didn't think the quiz grade was their "real" grade. I'd do a quick look in the grade book, and sign their grade sheet with an F, and they'd ask why I was giving them an F.  It took a while for them to stop blaming me for their grade. Happily, I am now writing more "ok"s than Fs on grade sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment